Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hit It!



For many years I have been sharing music with friends. Back in College everyone made mixed tapes to pass along. You had to become very proficient at the fade when making a mix tape and hope the album was not scratched. Some people had various strategies for making a mix tape. I remember Benny used to put fast songs on side A then slow it down on side B. Also, it was key for whomever was social chairman to put a quality mix together in order to keep the party going.
Last year in an attempt to get some of my friends to share music. I sent out several CDs to about 10 friends with music that I was currently listening to along with oldies but goodies. I only received music from 3 people - Dean, Blake and Matt. Since that experiment did not work I have decided to try and share music via a blog to reach a larger audience.
The inaugural post is a classic that the Hit It band (DPU Beta house band) used to perform at Wine & Chesse in the early eighties.
When I was thinking of doing a blog I never thought the first post would be a Doobie Brothers song. I plan to have regular posts along with a weekly mix. This will be a work in progress in the short term so bear with me while I work the kinks out.



No comments: