Friday, November 6, 2009

Composting



I have not mentioned it here on the blog yet but I have started working for a small green company, Green Smart Food Services, a couple months ago.  The company sells a line of compostable products along with a commerical composter (ORCA Green).  I went to Atlanta to see one of the composters in action yesterday and it is very impressive technology.  It speeds up the whole composting process into 24 hours and produces a clear liquid compost that can either be put down the drain or used as a soil enhancer.  Cool stuff!  If you know any place of business that creates a lot of organic waste then send them over to me.  I guess I am now the trash man and it goes back to the many nights I spent hanging out with Rex 'the can man'.

I apologize for the selfish plug but, hey, these are tough times.  Here is some trash related music:

The Coasters - Yakety Yak (mp3)
Brendan Benson - Garbage Day (mp3)
They Might Be Giants - Take Out The Trash (mp3)


2 comments:

RottenBananasBlog said...

plug away my friend! i hope it goes great for you. it's really interesting technology.

Unknown said...

Ah, the memories of Rex. How many times did he get in our dryer for a ride. Thanks for the laugh and good luck with the new business oppty.